Agricultural Solar PV Installations
Solar PV panels for your farm
The Benefits of Solar Electricity
- A second source of income: free, green energy can also significantly reduce your bills and protect you from future price rises.
- Reduce your bills: it's likely that energy is one of your largest expenses if you run a poultry or dairy farm, especially if specialist equipment is used, such as refrigeration units or chill stores. With energy companies increasing their prices anually, profit margins are under constant threat. Investing in solar PV will allow you to generate your own, free electricity by using unused roof space or a piece of ground not suitable for farming.
- Save around 1/3 on energy bills
- Get paid for your electricity: the Feed-In Tariff will also pay you for every unit of energy you generate and either use or export back to the grid.
- Protect yourself from energy price increases by generating your own electricity.
A Second Income for your Farm
Whatever you farm, investing in solar PV offers an additional revenue stream to compliment your existing farming business. You're guaranteed an income stream for 20 years, paying you for every unit of electricity you generate.
- Net return on investment is typically around 15% for a 50kW system, which generates on average 45,000 kWh per year. This includes depreciation of the system over 25 years.
- Typical system payback is under 6 years.
- Low maintenance and service costs.
- Solar panels mounted on farm buildings do not require planning permission.
- Reduce your carbon footprint.