Domestic Solar Photovoltaic Installations
The benefits of Solar PV panels for your home
The Benefits of Solar Electricity
- Reduce your energy bills: since sunlight is free, as soon as you've paid for the initial installation, your electricity bills will go down
- Get paid for your energy: the Feed-In Tariff scheme pays you for the electricity that you produce, even if you use it!
- Cut your carbon footprint: solar electricity generation is a green, renewable energy source - with no harmful pollutants. A typical home could save over a tonne in CO2 emissions per year.
It’s a great time to invest in solar PV
- Recent reductions in the cost of panels and equipment have made solar PV electric systems even more attractive.
- The current government backed feed in tariff offers a guaranteed tax free income, inflation linked for the next 25 years.
- The nature of our energy consumption means that electricity bills are only likely to continue to rise in the future.
How you save & earn
During daylight hours, when your panels are producing enough electricity to cover your power requirements, you will not need to buy in any electricity from the national grid, saving you money on your electricity bills.
Plus, you will be paid for every kWh of electricity that your system generates, even if you use the power yourself. Click here to see details of the current feed-in tariff rates.
You will also be paid an additional amount for any electricity that you export back to the national grid. If you have a system under 30kWh this will be unmetered and most electricity suppliers will assume you use half the electricity you produce and pay for the rest at a rate of 4.85p per unit.